Info & FAQ
Saturday June 7, 10:00 AM Event Location:
Adjacent to the APUS Financial Center at 393 N. Lawrence St., Charles Town, WV
People will be arriving early in the morning on Saturday, June 7th to charge their vehicles. Presentations will start promptly at 10 AM.
A. Here is a list of things to do (PDF file) for the weekend.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Where can I stay overnight when I come to the area?
A. The closest hotel to APUS is the Turf Motel, which has free shuttle service to the Hollywood Casino. You would have to check with each hotel individually to see if they would let you “plug in” anywhere.
Q. Can you recommend any places to eat in Charles Town?
A. The following restaurants are in Charles Town.
• Paddy’s (Fish & Chips – Irish Pub)
• Shu Chen Restaurant (Szechuan/Chinese)
• Dish Bistro (American)
• Grandma’s Diner
• Mediterranean Café
• Mountain View Diner
• Dining at Hollywood Casino
• Mellow Moods Cafe and Juice Bar
• Skippers Downtown Dips and Deli
• Cantuta Cafe
Q. How close together are the destination cities on the tour?
A. Here are the distances between towns.
• Charles Town to Shepherdstown: 12 miles via Rtes. 17 & 230
• Shepherdstown to Harpers Ferry: 12 miles via Rtes. 230 & 340
• Charles Town to Harpers Ferry: 7.5 miles via Rt. 340
• Charles Town to Hagerstown, MD (Premium Outlets): 27 miles via Rtes. 17, 230, 34, & 65
• Hagerstown, MD to Martinsburg: 21 miles via Rtes. 70, 81 and 9
• Shepherdstown to Martinsburg: 10 miles via Rte. 45
• Martinsburg to Charles Town: 17 miles via Rte. 9
Q. What do I do if I come in Saturday morning and don’t have enough range to do the trip?
A. You could come very early to charge your vehicle or join another group in their car while your car charges, especially if you need to return home Saturday evening. The whole concept of the Sociability Run is to meet new people and be social!
Q. How are you going to manage numerous cars charging if no charging stations are available?
A. When you register, we are asking you for the type of EV you drive and what your charging needs are. This will allow us to plan the event better as well as not overbook the capacity of the infrastructure. Please note there are also charging stations in Shepherdstown and Martinsburg we will have access to during the weekend. Registration is required to assure we can meet your charging needs.
Q. Who is the organizing team for this event?
A. Rick Rohn, Mark Czajka, Lanny Hartmann & Scott Wilson.
Q. Will my vehicle be secure parked overnight at APUS?
A. We are currently working with the local Police Department and APUS security to address the security of the vehicles.
Post questions or comments on the WV EV Sociability Run Discussion Thread.
*Leave a reply in the comment field below if you have a question.